842E-CM Integrated Motion Control Based on EtherNetIP
The 842E-CM EtherNet/IP™-based integrated motion absolute encoder is ideal for motion control applications that require a feedback-only axis. These encoders support standard motion control instructions set up in the Studio 5000™ Logix Designer application. These encoders provide auxiliary feedback directly over the EtherNet/IP network, eliminating the need for point-to-point wiring. They can be used in a variety of network topologies such as line, ring or star. These encoders utilize the CIP synchronization protocol, a time synchronization extension that is fully compliant with IEEE 1588.
• IEEE 1588 compliant vendor EtherNet/IP™ interface
• High-resolution feedback with single-turn and multi-turn options
• Supports Ethernet topologies including line, ring and star topologies
• Provides simple IP addressing
• IP67 degree of protection
• Available with solid and hollow shafts