SLC 500 Control Platform
Our Bulletin 1747 SLC™ 500 control platforms are suitable for a wide variety of applications. Rockwell Automation has announced that some SLC 500 Bulletin numbered products have been discontinued and are no longer available for sale. Customers are advised to upgrade to our newer CompactLogix™ 5370 or 5380 control platform.
• Ladder logic and structured text programming
• Advanced instruction set, including file processing, sequencer, diagnostics, shift registers, direct I/O, and program control instructions
• Built-in RS-232/422/423 communication port
• DeviceNet and ControlNet I/O on select processors
• One or more onboard ports that can be configured for Data Highway Plus™ (DH+) or general purpose remote I/O
• General purpose remote I/O ports can be configured as I/O scanner ports or I/O adapter ports
• Ethernet PLC-5® controllers and Ethernet interface modules (1785-ENET) provide built-in web services
• Provides backup functionality for enhanced fault tolerance through ControlNet™ Hot Standby or PLC-5 Backup Communication Modules
Our Bulletin 1747 SLC™ 5/01 and 5/02 Series Controllers have been discontinued and are no longer available for sale. Our Bulletin 1746 SLC 5/03 8K Series Controllers will be discontinued on August 31, 2018 and will no longer be available for sale. To support your transition, we recommend that you upgrade to our CompactLogix 5370 or Compact Logix 5380 control platform.
Harsh market conditions presented us with great challenges. Enterprise-wide and throughout the lifecycle, you must continually strive to find ways to leverage your existing automation investments. Let Rockwell Automation help you identify upgrade options and demonstrate the benefits they bring, including improved performance, smarter business decisions, lower maintenance costs, and faster response to changing market demands.
Use the Product Lifecycle Status search tool to find specific lifecycle information by catalog number